What is Unshaven Hair Transplant?
No shave hair transplant is a hair transplant method that is recently having increasing demand from those who would like to have a hair transplant. Normally, in hair transplant treatments, the persons’ hair is cut very short before the operation. Those who would like to wear their hair at 20-25 centimetres may not want their hair to be shaved. Moreover, some people who really want to have a hair transplant give it up just because of this reason. In no shave hair transplant method, there is no need for the patients’ hair to be cut down. Thus, the patients are not left without hair until it starts to grow, and this makes patients happy.
How is Unshaven Hair Transplant Operation Done?
No shave hair transplantation operation is performed the same way as the other hair transplant methods. FUE hair transplant technique is used in this method as well. No cuts are made in the scalp. The operation is carried out with special medical tools and since the patients are under the influence of local anaesthetics, they do not feel any pain or aching during the process.
Firstly, a donor area in the patient’s body is determined in this hair transplant operation. This donor area can be the nape, beard or chest area. Later, these grafts which are taken from the donor area are transplanted to the area where baldness is present. The biggest difference this hair transplant method has from others is that the patients’ heads are not completely shaved prior to the operation. Yet, sometimes this method can also be applied by shaving the patient’s hair in a few small regions that would be unnoticeable when looked.
This method is applied in only hair transplants with 1000 to 1500 grafts and the hair strands that are cut do not offend the eye. In addition, if the patients wear their hair long, they can use their uncut hair to camouflage the areas that are cut. In this way, the donor area is camouflaged.
Following the hair transplant operation, the patients can go back to their homes and normal lives the same day. After the doctors give the necessary care advice to the patients, the patients are discharged. If the patients follow doctor advice, they can speed up the healing process.
What are the Advantages of Unshaven Hair Transplant Operation?
Since it has many advantages, no shave hair transplant method has been the most preferred method of persons who want to have hair transplants. We can break down these advantages in the following list:
- Prior to the hair transplant, patients don’t have to have all of their hair cut. In some instances, the hair is not cut at all, in others, only a small portion of the hair is cut.
- As all of the patients’ hair is not cut, the red spots that come about in the scalp following the operation are camouflaged.
- In hair transplants done with this method, the patients do not need to wait for long months to see the difference they experience, they can immediately notice the difference.
- In persons who choose this hair transplant method, there is no “hair transplant look” and their hair looks very natural. Thus, the patients can continue their daily lives more easily.
What are the Disadvantages of Unshaven Hair Transplant Operation?
Actually, no shave hair transplant operation which has many advantages compared to other hair transplant methods has also some disadvantages. We can list some of these disadvantages as such:
- A maximum number of 1000-1500 grafts can be transplanted.
- Since the hair is not shaved and is left long, the operation can be a little more tedious and therefore it can take a little longer.
- As this method is more tedious than others, this affects the cost.
- The scalps of people who have hair transplants after cutting down their hair is more visible and any problems that may occur on them can be noticed quickly and corrected. Yet, in no shave hair transplants, the problems can go unnoticed.