What is an Eyebrow Transplant?
Eyebrow transplant is an operation that is preferred by women more. The reason for this is that women pluck their eyebrows more and as a result, the eyebrow roots get damaged and the eyebrows start to become sparse. In addition to womanly issues like this, there are many other reasons for eyebrow loss.
For example, burns are a factor that damages hair roots. In addition, some medication and genetic factors may also cause brow loss. Eyebrows are the structure that can change the look of the face the most. They provide symmetry to the face. Having thick and nicely shaped eyebrows endow people with a more aesthetical look.
How is the Eyebrow Transplant Operation Done?
During the eyebrow transplant operation, after the patients are applied with local anaesthetics, with the help of fairly thinly-tipped devices that are used for FUE method, grafts are taken from areas that have been determined as the donor. Usually donor area is the nape, but other appropriate areas can also be chosen as the donor. There are tissue parts and hair roots in what we call grafts. After the grafts are taken, paying attention to the direction and the degree of the hair strands, small channels are created for the grafts to be placed in.
The grafts which have been taken are then placed in the channels in the area that is going to be transplanted and hereby, the operation is completed. The operation takes around 3 hours and an average of 300 to 400 grafts are transplanted.
What are Some Points to Pay Attention to After an Eyebrow Transplant Operation?
As patients are exposed to local anaesthetics during the brow transplant operation, they usually stay in the hospital until the effect of the anaesthetics goes away, but later, they can leave the hospital without even a companion and go back to their daily lives.
Patients need to listen to all of their doctor’s advices and if there is an unexpected situation, they should immediately contact their doctor. These are generally the points that need to be paid attention to after an eyebrow transplant operation:
• It is not recommended that water is splashed to the area that has been transplanted eyebrow during the first 24 to 48 hours but if there is a need to wash it, the lotions and the creams the doctor has given need to be applied.
• For the first few weeks following the operation, one must not have sun contact for too long and must avoid activities that makes one sweat.
• A few days after the operation, what is called a “shock hair loss” can be observed in the eyebrows but after around 1 month, all the brow hair that has been lost will start to regrow.
• Total healing process takes around 6 to 9 months and for this period, crusts and acne-like red spots can appear at the bottom of the eyebrows. If this is the case, all the medication needs to be used as advised and the eyebrows mustn’t be touched too much.
Is Eyebrow Transplant Application Permanent?
It is permanent if there is no dyeing or pigmentation. Once it is administered once, it will stay for a lifetime unless there is an exceptional situation.
Is Eyebrow Transplantation Risky?
Transplants that are nowadays applied with FUE method are very comfortable and riskless. Every year, millions of people have eyebrow transplant operations. Persons who have eyebrow transplant operations are satisfied with the results and have not reported any negative situation.
What are the Advantages of the Eyebrow Transplant Operation?
Eyebrow transplant operation is one of the easiest operations in the aesthetic field and has many advantages.
- Since this operation is carried out under anaesthetics, patients do not feel pain during operation.
- Thanks to this operation, patients achieve the look they have always dreamed of.
- Persons who have an asymmetrical-looking face will obtain the necessary symmetrical look.
- Everybody can make use of this operation. It is enough that there are hair roots in an area that can be used as the donor area.
- Patients can immediately go back to their daily lives after the operation.
Eyebrow Transplant Prices
Around 300 grafts are used for the two sides in eyebrow transplant operation. As the number of grafts that are going to be transplanted is not high, this operation is more affordable than hair transplant operations.